marketing | public relations
Since its inception four years ago I have been the consulting marketing director for kabi kitchen and bath cabinets. Paramount to the job has been a branding campaign involving both social and print media as well as regular outreach to design related organizations such as the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA).
Among my responsibilities:
- overseeing the kabi website, Facebook, and Houzz pages.
- producing photography of kabi projects and placing stories about them in national and regional publications such as Kitchen and Bath Ideas, Colorado Homes and Lifestyles, and Luxe magazines.
- developing and supervising magazine ad campaigns
- representing kabi at industry events
- conducting showroom/factory tours
- producing special showroom events
An importer of exquisite handmade Tibetan rugs, this business owner wanted a business identity that spoke to the beauty, uniqueness and environmental consciousness of the designs. The result was ecoFiber Custom Rugs. In addition to assisting with branding and providing all the web copy I assisted in:
- Establishing a web budget and site map
- Finding the right graphic designer to design a new logo, collateral materials, and the website
- Setting up, supervising, and styling rug photography
4 Favorites is a company that translates your child’s artwork into a high quality woven wool rug. The simplicity of the concept mandated an equally simple marketing approach and I assisted with a website revamp that streamlined the concept and buying process along with writing new taglines and more precise copy. I also provide marketing support on an as needed basis.
Throughout the years, the editors at Better Homes and Gardens magazine have called upon me to conduct local market research and develop trend reports on a variety of topics including color forecasting and the latest happenings in kitchen design.
When they needed a spokesperson to introduce their new BH&G furniture line, they hired me to do presentations about integrating the pieces into the home to audiences at furniture outlets throughout the country.
When the talented and energetic owner of Camellia Interior Design sought assistance with a new company image, public relations, and marketing, we began by establishing an overall marketing plan that included a new company name, website and collateral material. Next came:
- Determining the best type of website for the budget constraints, and creating and providing a preliminary website map
- Teaming the owner with the right graphic designer to design the logo and website
- Providing web copy
- Setting up, supervising, and styling of project photography
- On going public relations support: writing press releases, assisting with project placement in regional and national magazines, updating website as needed.
After attending a presentation on energy efficient building by renowned eco-architect, Jamie Logan, I approached her to see if she would be interested in hearing suggestions for improving her Power Point. She said yes, and we collaborated on ideas for turning her good presentation into a tighter, faster-paced, more exciting one. That collaboration led to other things including:
- a website revamp with new, crisper, more consistent copy
- proposal writing
- publication of projects in etropolitan Home, Natural Home, Colorado Homes & Lifestyles and Building Ideas
- photography supervision and photo styling of current projects
For Boulder’s top importer of antique and contemporary handcrafted items from Asia and the Pacific Rim I provided on going concepts for raising consumer awareness and increasing foot traffic. Among the strategies: in store events, new advertising ideas, and on going public relations support. The latter resulted in local coverage in the Boulder Daily Camera, Denver Post and Boulder Home and Garden Magazine.
Caribou Companies sought an interim team player to create buzz about Caribou Ridge Homes, a sustainable housing community they were building in the mountains. They hired me to organize media tours and a press trip that resulted in immediate publicity in several area publications. I continued on to assist them with press releases, web content and video production.
When Morgan Creek Ventures, a Boulder-based development firm, needed fast turn around on e-blasts, web copy, or detailed reports, they turned to me. I provided on going support for an array of ventures including The Commons at Boulder Junction, a mixed-use project in Boulder, CO, and 750 Second, a residential project in San Francisco.