- Published hundreds of articles in regional and national magazines on architecture, interior design, travel, gardens, education, business, the environment, and general lifestyle issues. Titles include: Better Homes and Gardens, Traditional Home, Interiors, Ski, Renovation Style, Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Mountain Living, Refined Living, Cowboys and Indians, Connecticut Cottages and Gardens, Natural Home, Metropolitan Home, LUXE, Entrepreneur, Colorado Biz, Denver Magazine, Aspen Magazine, Western Interiors and Design,Garden Design, Food and Wine, Hamptons Cottages and Gardens, Family Computing, Seventeen, Remodel, Decorating, Tuscan Style, and Kitchen and Bath Ideas.
- Produced and edited magazine supplements and bookazines.
- Launched and edited MyHouse in the Mountain States for McGraw-Hill Inc.
- Wrote and produced a book on architectural trimwork for Meredith Publishing.
- Co-authored a three-part computers-in-education series for Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Co-authored The Professional Design Guide to Green Roofs (Timber Press).
Public Relations/Marketing/Web Consulting Skills
- Develop effective integrated communication strategies
- Produce special events
- Pen blogs, press releases, and trend reports
- Assist with branding strategies
- Build power point and video presentations
- Consult on website design and site mapping
- Provide web content
- Offer social media strategies and support
- Write grant proposals
- Provide propping and styling services for national magazines including: Traditional Home, Metropolitan Home, Better Homes and Gardens, Renovation Style, Kitchen and Bath Ideas, Décor, Tuscan Style, etc. as well as independent businesses with photography styling needs.
- Coordinator: Sudan Awareness Conference, University of Colorado/pro bono. Coordinated three-day conference involving students, faculty and the community.
- Segment Producer: Lynnette Jennings Design. Scouted and secured locations and provided story background for Lynette Jennings Design on the Discovery Channel.
- Boulder Reads Program. Volunteer tutor in the the adult literacy program.
- Intercambio. Volunteer teaching English as a second language classes.
Marketing/Public Relations Consultant
Design Center at the Ice House, Denver, CO
- Coordinated all special events including annual design conference, wrote a quarterly newsletter and handled all media relations.
- ENJOY Productions, Boulder, CO
- Concept developer and scriptwriter for an educational video.
- School of Journalism - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
MA: Education. University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
BA: English. State University College of New York